The Philly Java User’s Group (@ThePhillyJUG ) recently hosted a talk about the JCP and about how to get involved with the future of Java.
Slides are here but I thought was the key takeaway was the list of fairly easy ways to get involved:
- Share ideas and feedback, comment on list and public issue trackers
- Read early version of specifications and Javadocs
- Try writing sample applications using early builds of reference implementation
- Write or speak about the technology and encourage others to participate. Translate into your native language
- Evalgelize the JSR via social media, blogging, or lighting talks.
- Help with documentation.
Get involved at http://adoptajsr.org!